Relics of the Past, Shadows of the Future
The Col Fen Horrors
- Kilgor introduced Veyron to the group at the Nentir Inn, who then joined in the adventure.
- Mersa received a letter instructing her to travel to the town of Nenlast, near the Winterbole Forest, which is in the direction the party was heading. The party purchased provisions in Fallcrest & ventured into the wilds.
- The party stopped for the night at a small town in the “Old Hills”, named Col Fen, and was approached by the town’s mayor. The mayor asked the adventurers to investigate the disappearance of a few groups of villagers in town, most likely taken or killed by undead that had recently attacked the town.
- The party investigated a home in the village & found drag marks leading through the town cemetery & to the oldest crypts. Near one, the heroes heard the cries of a woman and small child, burst into the crypt & encountered a group of undead, including: skeletons, zombies and a pale reaver.
- Having destroyed their enemies, the heroes saved the young woman & child. The woman cried in despair for the adventurers to search for her father & husband, who were also taken by the undead. The party searched other nearby crypts & found bloodied bodies on the floor of one. One of the bodies matched the description of the young mother’s father. Whispers were heard at a cracked stone door at the rear of the crypt, and stairs descended beyond.
- The adventurers found a dark ceremony being performed in a crypt at the bottom of the stairs. Zombies and ghouls had captured the young mother’s husband and were beginning a dark ritual on him.
- After a protracted battle the party dispatched their foes, but were unable to save the young man, who’s life energy was stolen by an onyx skull. After some discussion, the skull was determined to be the source of the restless dead. It was smashed, ending the curse.
- The mayor and the town thanked the heroes, who stayed at the inn, tired from their battles.