Relics of the Past, Shadows of the Future
Nenlast and Beyond
- The party entered the town of Nenlast & met with Mersa’s contact at the local tavern. They had a long chat with Abbess Cheem, and discussed the hand of Pelor, the Raven seeking “ hand bones”, and their correlation. The party also learned of a lost family heirloom from a local bartender, Aldous Fenell. The party was asked to find the Fennel’s ancestral home & locate the heirloom.
- The party entered the Winterbole forest … and almost immediately encountered a band of enemies, including hobgoblins, zombies, a vine horror, and a corruption corpse. Attacks of note: Veyron made a heavy backstab against the corruption corpse & Kilgor finally damaged an enemy with his storm pillar.
- The party continued to search the forest & eventually came upon the farmstead. Searching the ruined home revealed little, but did turn up a rudimentary map scratched into the side of the home’s fireplace. The map led the party to the heirloom outside & under a large rock. The heirloom was safely packed & would be returned to Fenell upon return to Nenlast.
- Continuing into the forest, the group came upon a large, crumbling tower that was crawling with hobgoblins. Veyron & Mersa explored the exterior and found several hobgoblin guards & tracks indicating heavy traffic to and from the tower. Entering the tower would take a lot of luck & could lead to more battle than the the group could handle. The party decided to move on & leave exploring the tower’s interior to another day.
- Shortly after leaving, the adventurers were waylaid by a group of hobgoblins, presumably associated with the tower. Kilgor was able to knock unconscious most of the enemy group, allowing Mersa, Durg, Ruester, & Veyron to advance largely unchallenged. A hobgoblin hexer did prove a challenge for the adventurers, but they were ultimately able to dispatch him and the remaining bandits.